Sunday, November 20, 2011

Paint With Your Hands!

So this weekend we did a lot of painting with our hands.. our first was an attempt at making Christmas cards, the other was to make hand print Christmas trees. The cards would have turned out better if I would have purchased cream-colored blank cards instead of white ones, but I had initially bought the white cards for another project that failed, so we were stuck with the cards we had. Oh well...live and learn! ;)

So our first project was the Christmas card fail: cute but you couldn't really see the white paint on the white cards. Nevertheless, I will show you what we did, because I think these would turn out great on any other color of paper.
So we began by painting Jake's hand.. Here we are using Tempura paint, which I LOVE. It's super easy to clean off of hands, feet, etc!
After the paint dried, I stenciled out a hat and he added glitter to this part..
This was our finished project. Kinda cute, but you can barely see the white paint against the white background of the card :(
This is where the inspiration came from. :) Oh well.. we still had fun painting and glittering!

The other project was to make Christmas tree pictures from our hand prints.
Caleb wasn't too sure what we were making him do.. haha.
And here is our final result. Pretty cute, I think ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment