Thursday, November 17, 2011

Heidi's Hummus

I have to begin by saying.. this hummus is delicious! I've never made hummus before and had never eaten any hummus I really liked, so when my friend Heidi threw a book party and served hummus, I grabbed only a minimal amount so I could try her variation. I had always heard how good hummus was for you and a lot of my friends ate it, so I really wanted to get in to it, but the store versions I thought were gross.

So, that being said, I must name this post 'Heidi's Hummus' after her fabulous recipe. Enjoy :)

For this recipe, you will need:
1 can chickpeas, drained (my can says garbanzo beans chick peas)
Juice of one lemon
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/4 cup tahini (if you don't know what this is, it's found in the middle eastern section of the supermarket)
1/4 cup olive oil
salt to taste

Okay, so just throw your ingredients in your blender and puree until smooth! Mine was really thick and my blender was having a tough time with this process..my friend Irene suggested a food processor.. we had to stop the blender a couple of times to mix by hand and then return to pureeing.
Doesn't it look delish? It is! And WAY too easy to make! Yummo snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment