Thursday, January 5, 2012

Baby Blankets & Burp Cloths

Time to make some cool baby blankets and burp cloths! Jo-Ann Fabrics is my new Utopia, and I could literally spend hours in there looking at fabric. I asked for and received a sweet Singer sewing machine for Christmas (because I was obviously a very good girl this year), and am slowly trying to figure it out. Thank God it came with an instructional DVD!!! So with a lot of cursing and frustration, and a lot of my husbands help, I finally got the thing going.

I used a simple stitch on all of these, and they are in no way completely straight, but as long as the fabric stays together, I really don't mind!
This is one of them..
Here's another. I was in absolute LOVE with this fabric- the zany looking one. It's called "june bug" and is so fun! And I found some fabulous music note fabric as well- which of course I had to incorporate.
Going back to the fabric store, I remembered- BATIK! I had to get some batik fabric too! It's my absolute fav! So here is my batik blanket. I made another one, but that'll come later.
So here are the burp cloths I made. One side is cool fabric, the other is super soft flannel. The flannel is great on the other side because flannel is great at sticking to your clothes, so when you place the burp cloth on your shoulder, it won't slip off while you're burping your baby at two in the morning, and getting lost in the dark. Geez, can't wait for that. ;)
Of course I had to make batik burp cloths as well!!!
Then finally, I made a batik and printed flannel blanket. Super soft and super cool.
You like? I am officially addicted to sewing...

2 comments:

  1. Did you shop at Cosmic Cow for some of this? Love it all, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I didn't, although I do need to stop in there. I love Roxanne's fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete